PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation problems with WUBI

arnieb
February 23rd, 2009, 09:51 PM
Hello,
After many years of HP-UX, followed by many years of just Windows, I decided to try Ubuntu Linux with WUBI, just in case I needed to easily revert back. I was able to install it without a problem on my office machine, a Dell Optiplex 755, except that I could not get it to support the two monitors that I have. :(

I tried again at home with my custom-made machine with an MSI motherboard, an AMD processor, 8GB of RAM and an ATI graphics card with dual monitor support. Both machines are running Windows XP pro.

The installation at home, under WUBI, appeared to be going OK and then I got an error message that I neeeded to enable some kind of a graphics window in the BIOS, or I would lose 64 MBytes of RAM. At that point the installation appeared to stop and all I had was (I think) a command line version of Linux installed.

I was able to uninstall it and I got the boot loader back to normal. Anyway, I went through my BIOS options and there was nothing there about enabling a graphics window. Any suggestions?

Arnie