PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a Htc touch Diamond?

rasmus91
February 23rd, 2009, 09:27 PM
Hey guys.

At the moment i have a Sony Ericsson w910i phone. Its nice (even though i delivered it for reperation not souch a long time ago)

I'm a student at a Technical school, we mostly do science, math and IT.

I'm wondering if i should buy a Htc Touch Diamond (or diamond 2), But i can't seem to find the information about it that id like. so i'm gonna ask a couple of questions:

1. (and most importantly) is it possible to install a Linux based system on it and make it work 100% ? (or just 99.99999% ? )

2. Is there a program in android (Linux based right?) (or what ever system it may be) where I'll be able to draw or write notes with the pen? (like typography? )

3. Will it be able to do all the things that windoh!ws mobile can? like using the wireless card in the phone and stuff?

(I'd be so happy to hear if anybody has any experience on this paticular phone, tell me about any Linux system you have used on it!. the reason? I can buy one that has been used, but is full functioning and with all the accessories for about 1/5 of the price of an Iphone)

Richardtim
April 15th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I recently bought a HTC Touch Diamond 2 from this site cleverkit.com (http://www.cleverkit.com) the only problem is they only ship to the UK atm but the Diamond 2 is impressive. The screen size is 3.2-inch TFT-LCD touch-sensitive screen and has a 5 mega pixel camera. It uses windows mobile 6.1.

Last I heard you can use linux on it

find out how here (http://www.gsmdome.com/mobile-software/linux-and-android-now-work-on-htc-touch-diamond_1083)

Lol I've been on the youtube widget for alot of the time watching videos.

Johnsie
April 15th, 2009, 03:19 PM
I have a similar windows based phone (the omnia). I'm not impressed by the interface windows mobile provides and the lack of quality applications available.

If you can get an Iphone because they have a much better selection of applications.

aktiwers
April 15th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Im pretty happy with my G1 :)

conundrumx
April 15th, 2009, 04:44 PM
I'm very happy with my iPhone. Windows Mobile is constantly railed on as out of date and annoying to use, though I have no personal experience.

The G1 and Android get good reviews, and if you don't want to get that the G2 should be along shortly.

rasmus91
April 22nd, 2009, 01:49 PM
If you can get an Iphone because they have a much better selection of applications.

Mhm, But you can use no costum applications...