PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Smplayer didn't work after cairo2.0 installed

youxiang95
February 23rd, 2009, 06:36 AM
Smplayer didn't work well after I installed the cairo-dock 2.0 beta. I can open the vedio file encoding in "RMVB" or "AVI" and played well before the cairo 2.0 install(I installed cairo 1.6.3.1 before cairo 2.0). Now I can't see the picture in the smplayer but the audio.If I opened the files with Mplayer, I could see pictrue,and If I used fullscreen ,Mplayer would exit. So anyone can tell me how to deal with it? Please send to my eMail 107944616@qq.com. Thanks a lot!!!!!

fabounet
February 23rd, 2009, 11:44 PM
known qt4 bug
it has been discussed on cairo-dock's forum

youxiang95
February 24th, 2009, 02:12 AM
known qt4 bug
it has been discussed on cairo-dock's forum

Where is the forum? And is there any body had resolved the problem?

rvm4000
February 24th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Maybe this?

http://www.cairo-dock.org/bg_topic.php?t=2201

They propose this workaround:

export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1
smplayer &

youxiang95
February 24th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Maybe this?

http://www.cairo-dock.org/bg_topic.php?t=2201

They propose this workaround:

smplayer &

Oh yeah!!!!!It works for me ! Thank you very much !!

rldev
July 31st, 2009, 10:20 PM
This works for me, but it is kind of annoying to have to eneter that every time you want to use a program.
I tried editing /usr/share/applications/smplayer.desktop and changing the exec command to something like:

Exec=bash -c "export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1 && smplayer %f"

But smplayer will not launch after this.

Zorael
August 1st, 2009, 02:35 PM
One dirty way would be to hijack the smplayer executable. I do this with several apps, mostly just to add the ampersand (&) to get them to start as child processes when launched from a terminal. And also to disable fsyncing in some apps that seem particularly trigger-happy about that (Firefox, Quassel).

Rename /usr/bin/smplayer to /usr/bin/smplayer.real (which requires superuser permissions), and create a new /usr/bin/smplayer that looks like the following.

#!/bin/bash

smplayer.real $@ &
Don't forget to set it to executable. This has drawbacks in that you'd have to redo it at every upgrade of smplayer (as it'll overwrite the /usr/bin/smplayer file with the new version), and you'll leave garbage in the form of /usr/bin/smplayer.real that the package manager doesn't know of, and won't remove if you uninstall the app.

Yet another way would be to hijack it via /usr/local/bin/smplayer. /usr/local/bin is per default placed earlier in the PATH variable, so executables there override those in /usr/bin/. If the .desktop file (application link) specifically points to /usr/bin/smplayer, they would have to be rewritten to point to the new script instead. I *think* that if they simply point to smplayer, the file manager/whatever will try to resolve its location via PATH, but incase that particular app is written to look in /usr/bin/ if no explicit location is supplied, you'd have to rewrite the .desktop link to point to the full location.

#!/bin/bash

/usr/bin/smplayer $@ &
As rldev said, the .desktop file is at /usr/share/applications/smplayer.desktop, so hack away.

mihaicj
October 1st, 2009, 08:21 AM
Rename /usr/bin/smplayer to /usr/bin/smplayer.real (which requires superuser permissions), and create a new /usr/bin/smplayer that looks like the following.

#!/bin/bash

smplayer.real $@ &
Don't forget to set it to executable. This has drawbacks in that you'd have to redo it at every upgrade of smplayer (as it'll overwrite the /usr/bin/smplayer file with the new version), and you'll leave garbage in the form of /usr/bin/smplayer.real that the package manager doesn't know of, and won't remove if you uninstall the app.

I did this but the movie doesn't play. SMplayer starts but after a short while it gives me an error saying Mplayer has crashed.

Lockheed
November 15th, 2009, 11:22 PM
This is the proper solution:

sudo bash -c "cat > /usr/bin/smplayer.helper" <<EOF
exec smplayer.real "\$@"
EOF

sudo chmod 755 /usr/bin/smplayer.helper
sudo mv /usr/bin/smplayer{,.real}
sudo ln -sf smplayer.helper /usr/bin/smplayer

gudrade
January 1st, 2010, 01:34 PM
Have same problem with avidemux. Someone managed to solve it?

harryscode
October 25th, 2010, 02:55 AM
This is the proper solution:

sudo bash -c "cat > /usr/bin/smplayer.helper" <<EOF
exec smplayer.real "\$@"
EOF

sudo chmod 755 /usr/bin/smplayer.helper
sudo mv /usr/bin/smplayer{,.real}
sudo ln -sf smplayer.helper /usr/bin/smplayer

Thanks dude.. works perfect
:guitar: