PDA

View Full Version : Delta Airlines ruined our day

smbtol
February 23rd, 2009, 04:36 AM
My friend was supposed to fly today from Chicago to Buffalo, NY with Delta. She chose a one stop flight with connection in JFK, New York because Expedia found a good deal and there were about 2 hours between flights in New York. But Delta ruined the day big time.

The day started for us at 4AM when we woke up. At 5:30AM we were at O’Hare. And from here on only troubles…

First, the flight from Chicago to JFK returned to Chicago because there was a problem with the deicing system after 15 minutes in air ;). Therefore the flight was canceled. The guys from Delta in Chicago insisted that my friend to continue the trip through JFK. My friend insisted that she just wanted to go to Buffalo and they should find her any flight, direct or with connection, to arrive in Buffalo as early as possible. Of course, Delta won.

At 11:45AM she got on the airplane to JFK. She arrived at JFK before the schedule at 2:55PM. At JFK a connecting flight for Buffalo was delayed from 3:05PM to 3:45PM.

But of course Delta couldn’t brighten up the day a bit. So when my friend arrived at the Delta desk at about 3:10PM they told her that they couldn’t print a boarding pass for the flight to Buffalo because the flight was already departed in their computer. After a long discussion with the guy at the Delta desk, my friend asked to talk with a supervisor. As usual, the supervisor was as smart as the first guy.](*,) The supervisor came after 45 minutes and found my friend watching how the flight to Buffalo was taking off. Furthermore, the supervisor couldn’t understand the problem at all.

10:10PM: the next flight to Buffalo leaves JFK with a delay of an hour and 25 minutes. When I am writing this, the arrival time is estimated to be 11:35PM in Buffalo.

Overall a trip from O’Hare Chicago to Buffalo, NY will take 16 hours. The same trip would take 9 hours of driving.

Thank you Delta! I wish you a nice bankruptcy!:evil:

PS: All times are local times. Delta has a number of flights from O’Hare to Buffalo through JFK New York, Cincinnati, Detroit, and maybe other airports.:shock:

Skripka
February 23rd, 2009, 04:52 AM
Flying sucks nowadays. All the domestic carriers in the US offer the same level of crappy service.

smbtol
February 23rd, 2009, 05:43 AM
I am pretty new to US. Until now I flew mostly with Midwest Airlines and I was pleased.
However, the main lesson we learned today was to choose always direct flights.

Skripka
February 23rd, 2009, 05:48 AM
I am pretty new to US. Until now I flew mostly with Midwest Airlines and I was pleased.
However, the main lesson we learned today was to choose always direct flights.

Midwest Express is the only good/decent US domestic carrier left...unfortunately they is expensive.

Polygon
February 24th, 2009, 02:42 AM
seems more of a limitation of their computer system rather then crappy service. If i was the airline clerk, i would of done the same thing.