PDA

View Full Version : USB Drive/linux/unix question

Gosujii-sama
February 23rd, 2009, 03:35 AM
I was curious what everyones opinion of operating system to place on a USB device for multi pc use. Currently I'm looking into starting work in general PC repair and want a usb system preferably linux or unix installed on the stick to plug and go to each pc for more complicated work and possible infectious pcs to safely work with without starting the default OS. I've looked at a few and currently I personally use Ubuntu (no windows on my system at all strickly linux) The usb flash drive is 8gigs which is the limit of the ubuntu ability and i want to try and have 2gigs free for various programs I may transfer to the system under work. So really any suggestions on a OS that would work best in this sense since I really can't say for sure what arch or pc model I'll be working with at any given time which system would be the best general blanket for the drive?

kk0sse54
February 23rd, 2009, 03:38 AM
We were just discussing this here http://grubbn.org/otheros/showthread.php?tid=75&pid=718#pid718 :p
Personally I currently am using Austrumi however I'm looking to switch to Slitaz.