PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Accidentally got myself into Busybox console during install... can't get out

masterdelta1771
February 23rd, 2009, 12:15 AM
So I was reading a thread during installation that told me to press ctrl-alt-F2 to fix an issue with 'scanning the mirror.' My Ubuntu install was at 82% at the time. It took me to a black screen with commands i don't know about - I'm a newbie here and am installing Ubuntu. Is there any way to get out of this? Will my hard drive be corrupt or anything after-wards

uprooted
February 23rd, 2009, 12:18 AM
first of all we need a bit more info, what does your computer have for hardware? especially graphics card, are you using an nvidia graphics card?

masterdelta1771
February 23rd, 2009, 12:21 AM
my hardware is an ASUS PTGD-1LA motherboard, with Intel 915G built-in graphics card. Intel Pentium IV CPU 2.8GHz, a ~500GB Hitachi hard drive and 2.5GB RAM. All I really want to know is how to get out of this and if this will corrupt my install of either Ubuntu or my existing Windows XP Professional install.

uprooted
February 23rd, 2009, 12:28 AM
did you choose a dual boot or to wipe windows? that is kind of a key issue because your windows might be gone already at your install being almost done, second of all you can always restart and try to install ubuntu again... i assume you have already tried to type exit to get out of the console screen right?... >>what was the issue that required you to press ctrl-alt-f2? << re read your post about why you had to go into the console press ctrl alt f7 to get back to the original console

masterdelta1771
February 23rd, 2009, 12:56 AM
Thanks, it worked. Installation also completed during my time in the Busybox console and I've got Ubuntu working perfectly. :D