PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] AWN dock 'autohides' permanently

pixnaps
February 23rd, 2009, 12:08 AM
Hi, I'm using Avant Window Navigator as a dock/launcher in Intrepid, but I've noticed that if I set it to 'autohide' (i.e. so that it only becomes visible if I shift the mouse to the bottom of the screen where the bar resides) after a while it hides <i>permanently</i>, i.e. it won't even appear if I go searching for it with my mouse. (System Manager insists that the process is still 'sleeping' in the background, though.) I then have to re-open AWN if I want it to be visible again.

For now I've just disabled autohide so it's always visible. But I would much prefer that the autohide feature actually work.

Any suggestions?

pixnaps
February 23rd, 2009, 07:21 PM
*bump*

moonbeam
February 24th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Autohide is known to be buggy and has always been buggy. see the autohide bug list (https://bugs.launchpad.net/awn/+bugs?field.searchtext=autohide&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch=&field.has_no_package=).

We will resolve this with the 0.4 rewrite that is in the works... till then the current implementation is inherently a hack.