PDA

View Full Version : Wubi + Wine -- What would happen?

vegetarianshrimp
February 22nd, 2009, 11:30 PM
What would happen if you installed Wine on Ubuntu, and then installed Wubi through Wine? Would you be able to install Ubuntu again, on a partition or something? Or would it just not work?

(Don't worry, I'm not asking for help on how to do this, I just want to see what people think. :D)

Eclipse.
February 22nd, 2009, 11:32 PM
What would happen if you installed Wine on Ubuntu, and then installed Wubi through Wine? Would you be able to install Ubuntu again, on a partition or something? Or would it just not work?

(Don't worry, I'm not asking for help on how to do this, I just want to see what people think. :D)

I might be wrong but I think wubi doesnt let you do it and says something like nice try.

vegetarianshrimp
February 22nd, 2009, 11:36 PM
I might be wrong but I think wubi doesnt let you do it and says something like nice try.
Oh, ok so it's smart. ;)

I'm really tempted to try now, but I don't want to mess anything up...or install Wine, since I wouldn't use it and it takes up space in my tiny SSD.

dragos240
February 22nd, 2009, 11:47 PM
I just tryed it. When you click on wubi.exe, it flashes uncontrollably, and doesn't stop unless you click cancel, which may take a few tries.

mcduck
February 22nd, 2009, 11:53 PM
If you want to do something like this you could install some virtual machine, install OS inside it and then another virtual machine on that OS and so on (until your computer crashes or you create a hole in the space-time continuum). :D

Yownanymous
February 23rd, 2009, 12:09 AM
I thought about this, but then I thought it might mess up the universe a little bit...