PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] lost all audio devices after updating the system

Acradon
February 22nd, 2009, 06:19 PM
Hi all,
after the recent updates I have lost all audio devices. everything was working perfectly beforehand. now neither audio playback, nor recording works. Anybody got an idea how to fix this.
On a different note, how can I refuse some updaates and permanently delete them from the update manager. Call me autistic, but I can't stand this red arrow in the corner of my desktop and it causes the urge to install everything to get rid of it. Even though some of the updates are completely unnecessary.

Greetings

Acradon

bananafishbones
February 23rd, 2009, 01:59 AM
If you've just lost your audio, then double click on the volume control, select the Switches tab and un-check the Analog/Digital Output Jack.

I've never touched this setting before and after updating my system this past week, it must have gotten updated/set. I found another thread here with this suggestion and it worked like a charm.

I have an older Audigy sound card. See if this works for you.

It had to come from an update of some sort. I lost my audio 'out of the blue'.

Good luck.
BF

Acradon
February 23rd, 2009, 11:49 AM
Thanks BF,

I do not have the switches tab (intrepid?) but I saw that it had changed my audiocard. So I set it back to the same as selected in the sound prefrences and it worked.

Thanks again.

Acradon

How can I mark this thread as solved? There is no slection for this in the thread options list.