PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ubuntu server installation problem cant find cd-rom

jerry555
February 22nd, 2009, 10:58 AM
please help! i would install ubuntu server. i choose english, then install ubuntu server, then i choose my keyboard and language, and so, when it detects my hardware i'll get this error:
No common CD-ROM drive was detected.

You may need to load additional CD-ROM drivers from a driver floppy. If you hav such a floppy available now, put it in the drive, and continiue. Otherwise, you will be given the option to manually select CD-ROM modules.

Load CD-ROM drivers from a driver floppy?

<Yes> <No>

I dont have such a floppy, so i select No. next screen it asks me to manually select the module. I select yes, then i get 2 choises:

Module for accessing the CD-ROM:
none
cdrom

I select the cdrom option. then i get this:

Device file for accessing the CD-ROM:

/dev/cdrom

the "/dev/cdrom" can i change. and the final question is: what should i type in here if have a normal DVD-ROM?

Pumalite
February 22nd, 2009, 12:09 PM
If you were able to install in this computer before; burn a be CD at 4x or alower after md5sum on the iso. Clean the lens.

jerry555
February 22nd, 2009, 12:38 PM
If you were able to install in this computer before; burn a be CD at 4x or alower after md5sum on the iso. Clean the lens.

well, i found the problem i think. i downloaded the older version and then it worked:D But anyway, thanks