PDA

View Full Version : business card design program

broekskw
February 22nd, 2009, 04:45 AM
hi all looking for a free program that i can design my home base computer repair business on. does anyone out there have any idea of such a program

thanks in advance:popcorn:

2hot6ft2
February 22nd, 2009, 04:53 AM
Well I know you can get the templates from avery.com for business cards and they will open with Open Office Writer then you can modify them to your liking.

That's what I did. Hope that helps.

broekskw
February 22nd, 2009, 04:55 AM
thanks 2hot6ft2 will keep looking

broekskw
February 22nd, 2009, 05:31 AM
2hot6ft2 when i go to avery.com all the templates are not for down loading

SonnHalter
February 22nd, 2009, 05:35 AM
broekskw,

go to avery.com then go to templates under "templates and software.

click on "templates on microsoft word"

find one you like and click on it's title. then click on "Download template"

broekskw
February 22nd, 2009, 06:00 AM
must be doing something wrong because every time i select "templates on microsoft word" i get this page saying nothing available??

broekskw
February 22nd, 2009, 06:14 AM
got it working thanks all:popcorn:

bubwitmaingay
February 22nd, 2009, 06:14 AM
In MS I was used to MS Publisher in desktop designs and so on. Now that I've shifted to Ubuntu (Linux), I found that OpenOffice.Org Draw is a good alternative to the Publisher.

I teach desktop publishing and I advice that you use Draw for such a project. Scribus is too unfriendly to be of use to me (at least just me). I hope that helps.

Just remember, you have to do the designing without a wizard. Creativity and exploration are crucial skills here. Thanks.;)

Peter76
February 22nd, 2009, 12:55 PM
There is also Glabels in the repositories; this is a special app for designing business cards, with a lot of templates installed and a template wizard to create your own.

broekskw
February 23rd, 2009, 12:13 AM
great call Peter76 just downloaded on my other computer running ubuntu, but for some reason on this one when i select them it will not start to down load, the window is just empty, can anyone help me out with this

here are some screen shots

forkd
March 26th, 2009, 11:49 PM
There is also Glabels in the repositories; this is a special app for designing business cards, with a lot of templates installed and a template wizard to create your own.

Agreed. glabels works well for me