PDA

View Full Version : manual partition

metzy85
February 22nd, 2009, 04:31 AM
Ok so i have kinda been getting a bit of a run around i start a forum and i get a answer then give a answer back then nothing and i am left hanging. I did some research and i still don't understand some things. Here's what i want to do. I have 50gb in which i want to donate to Linux and i have 18gb of movies and music and i cant figure out how to get it so the user has more then that and i can copy it over from the windows partition. I have tired to install ubuntu from a disc and i get read and write errors the HD checks out but i am not sure about the disk. But i want to know how to divide up the things in a manual partition.

overdrank
February 22nd, 2009, 04:38 AM
HI and I have moved your post to its own thread. The sticky's are not for support questions.
If I understand your post correct you are wanting to install ubuntu and manual partition your drive?

metzy85
February 22nd, 2009, 04:47 AM
Sry about the wrong post my login was odd so i must of started in the wrong place.

Well heres my problem I have 50gb and first i tried installing ubuntu just by wubi and i think it was like windows and i have some music that i wanted to move to ubuntu BUT I discovered that the home folder was Only 800mb and i have well over 20gb free. How do i set it to have the home folder bigger??????

metzy85
February 22nd, 2009, 07:56 PM
Wow like I said in my beginning post another dead end for my question!