PDA

View Full Version : accessible talking boot menu

jkenn337
February 22nd, 2009, 01:12 AM
Hi,
I noticed that the latest opensuse with gnome is the only operating system to have a talking accessible boot menu. the speech is 8k sounding bad but it talks and is understandable. so, I would like to see an accessible talking boot menu for the next ubuntu release with gnome and orca.

Josh

jkenn337
February 22nd, 2009, 01:21 AM
Hi,

In the next ubuntu, I would like to see an accessible talking oot menu. OpenSuse with gnome and orca already have this. It would be a great help to us blind and visually impaired users of ubuntu. the speech isn't that great in their talking boot menu but it is definitely understandable. But in opensuse gnome with the orca screen reader uses fstival speech, but espeak or voxen from oralux can easily be added or cepstral whatever voices you like.

Josh
email: jkenn337 [at sign] gmail [dot] com

jkenn337
February 22nd, 2009, 05:09 PM
Hi,

In opensuse there are accessible talking boot menus. I would like to see the same implemented in ubuntu.

Josh

jkenn337
February 22nd, 2009, 05:27 PM
hi,

I see that opensuse with gnome and orca has accessible talking boot menus, the bootloader talks. Could the developers make the ubuntu bootloader talk? also could you add support for the dell dimension computers made back in 2002 dell dimension 8200?

Josh

overdrank
February 22nd, 2009, 10:36 PM
Hi and please do not create multiple threads on the same issue. Threads merged :)

Rocket2DMn
February 22nd, 2009, 10:38 PM
Merged more.