PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] horizontal blue line next to some icons in the panels

jarongg
February 22nd, 2009, 12:34 AM
what i have here is for two of my icons (notification area icon, show desktop button) there is a little annoying horizontal blue line next to each of the icon. i think it is supposed to be transparent, but if i actually right click over the blue line, it's the actual part where i would click to configure each icon. if that makes sense. everything works like it should, it is just really annoying to look at, and now that i am aware of it and it won't go away, it is always the first thing that catches my eye when i bring the panels up.

i can take a screen capture, if need be. is there any way to make these go away somehow? perhaps it's my theme? i don't know.

Captain_tux
February 22nd, 2009, 01:16 AM
Yeah, can you post a screen shot?

jarongg
February 22nd, 2009, 02:09 AM
Yeah, can you post a screen shot?

here it is. you can see one next to the battery image on the top right side, and one on the bottom left between the firefox tab and the show desktop button.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/jarong/Screenshot.png

jarongg
February 22nd, 2009, 12:25 PM
bump.

jarongg
February 23rd, 2009, 12:02 AM
tops.

jbowden
February 23rd, 2009, 12:31 AM
That's the container handle for the system tray (top panel) and the window list (bottom panel). Change your theme, and the handle appearance will change. You can drag those containers along the panel by clicking on the handles.