PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to get back from metacity?..

Angewandte
February 21st, 2009, 06:54 PM
Hi everyone,

I'd like to ask you guys for suggestions..

I'm not using compiz, so every time I start my 8.10 it should be in what's called metacity mode, am I right?

By the way. I'm using Google earth. When I run the program, it flickers and the graphic is crap.

However, Google Earth works fine when I type "metacity --replace" in terminal before running the program..

Does this mean that there's a difference between the 'metacity mode' and the 'whatever mode' when I start up? I'm not using compiz though..

One more question.. How can I get back from metacity after typing metacity --replace. The desktop seems to be upset when I just close the terminal window where I typed 'metacity --replace'

Thanks a lot :)

binbash
February 21st, 2009, 07:46 PM
You ar probably using compiz, that is why google earth does this.

if you type metacity --replace & instead of metacity --replace , when you close the terminal , it will be at metacity.

Sand & Mercury
February 21st, 2009, 08:59 PM
Make sure your desktop effects are definitely turned off...

oldos2er
February 21st, 2009, 09:18 PM
Compiz-fusion has been installed by default in Ubuntu since v7.10. If you install the package fusion-icon, it gives you a panel icon that makes it very easy to switch back and forth between metacity and compiz.

Angewandte
February 21st, 2009, 09:46 PM
Hi Everyone,

It's me!! Thanks a lot. The fusion-icon is the solution I've been searching for!!