PDA

View Full Version : Do you use songBird, If yes which add-ons you are using?

legolas_w
February 21st, 2009, 03:26 PM
Hi
Thank you for reading my post.
I have just tried SongBird and it looks really good in comparison with Amarok and Amarok 2. I am wondering whether any of you use songbird and if you are using, which add-ons you have installed.

thanks.

Firestem4
February 21st, 2009, 09:28 PM
I've been using it on my Windows laptop for the past fefw weeks and I really like it so far. Much more than WMP.

I'm using the Aero Bird Pro theme which looks great, mashup, Song Recommendations, and um...i forgot what its called (im on my other laptop right now) But it resumes playback on the song you were currently playing when you closed out Songbird. (Or it will resume pausee if the song was paused)

I haven't yet decided to use it on Linux because i couldn't find it in the repositories and I don't have enough hard drive space for my media library, so i've been using Amarok on this laptop. Which I really like a lot too though.

avaralom
February 21st, 2009, 09:39 PM
I'm actually using Songbird on Windows.. as I haven't gotten around to putting it on my laptop yet, and probably won't since I don't really use it for listening to music.. but it works really well, and if works as well on Windows as it does on Linux, I would definitely recommend it.

I've installed the 'yet another black songbird' theme, last.fm scrobbling and album art, vertical filters, and a clock. I don't know why, I kind of went nuts. XD

RPG Master
February 21st, 2009, 09:49 PM
I first found Songbird when it was still 0.6 and I was still using Vista. Its my main media player and I the plug-ins I have installed are Last.fm support, Shoutcast radio support, "The Exorcist" (gets rid of ghost tracks), Lyric Master, Concert (shows when a band in your Library is touring near you), Mashtape.

legolas_w
February 21st, 2009, 09:52 PM
Hi

Thank you for sharing your viewpoint, I found the deb files at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Songbird

Best,

Masoud