PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Update Manager

xtiano77
February 21st, 2009, 03:11 AM
I am trying to run the Update Manager application, but it stops when reading packet number 33 of 42 and it comes back telling me that it was unable to connect to the repositories. Is this a problem with my system or are the repositories down temporarily?

taurus
February 21st, 2009, 03:13 AM
Close down the update manager. Then, open a terminal and run these two commands.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
Post the whole output if there is a problem with either command.

Perryg
February 21st, 2009, 03:15 AM
I am trying to run the Update Manager application, but it stops when reading packet number 33 of 42 and it comes back telling me that it was unable to connect to the repositories. Is this a problem with my system or are the repositories down temporarily?

More than likely there is a problem either with the repository or latency or some other problem between you and them. If you know you have Internet connectivity I would wait a bit and try again.

xtiano77
February 21st, 2009, 03:39 AM
I had access yesterday, but nothing today. It might be a problem with the repository since I have been trying since around 5pm central time and still nothing.

betterhands
February 21st, 2009, 03:46 AM
for me, sudo apt-get update freezes here:

Could not connect to security.ubuntu.com:80 (91.189.88.37), connection timed out

xtiano77
February 21st, 2009, 05:35 AM
The Update Manager seems to be working now.