PDA

View Full Version : The Ubuntu Forums version of "FIRST POST!"

Keyper7
February 21st, 2009, 02:54 AM
Karmic is the worst Ubuntu version EVER! Everything worked on Jaunty but ever since I upgraded my wireless stopped working and I can only log in in a low resolution!

Don't you guys think Ubuntu is getting worse and worse with each release? Intrepid was the best release ever but it all went downhill from there.

It's obviously because of this release cycle nonsense. If it was more than six months, I bet I wouldn't experience any of the problems I had...

Well, I guess the developers don't care about the users.

(this joke post was sponsored by the "Some Things Never Change" foundation)

Skripka
February 21st, 2009, 02:59 AM
Karmic is the worst Ubuntu version EVER! Everything worked on Jaunty but ever since I upgraded my wireless stopped working and I can only log in in a low resolution!

Don't you guys think Ubuntu is getting worse and worse with each release? Intrepid was the best release ever but it all went downhill from there.

It's obviously because of this release cycle nonsense. If it was more than six months, I bet I wouldn't experience any of the problems I had...

Well, I guess the developers don't care about the users.

(this joke post was sponsored by the "Some Things Never Change" foundation)

I think the default theme is ugly, and needs changed, still.

-grubby
February 21st, 2009, 03:00 AM
I think the default theme is ugly, and needs changed, still.

The brown looks like poo!!!1

|{urse
February 21st, 2009, 03:09 AM
The brown looks like poo!!!1

hopefully they keep toilet in the repos (which it is)

sudo apt-get install toilet

(seriously install it, I have no idea what it's really for ^^)
to get rid of all that poo!

jimi_hendrix
February 21st, 2009, 03:21 AM
whats karmic o_0

DeadRobot
February 21st, 2009, 03:48 AM
whats karmic o_0

Codename for 9.10.

Shazaam
February 21st, 2009, 04:43 AM
Runs great on my Pentium 75 with 48megs of ram. ;)

Brunellus
February 21st, 2009, 04:58 AM
I am not amused.

benny bronx
February 21st, 2009, 04:59 AM
I can't access my hotmail account.

Ms_Angel_D
February 21st, 2009, 05:09 AM
My upgrade went smooth it must be you. :P

Skripka
February 21st, 2009, 05:19 AM
My upgrade went smooth it must be you. :P

They need to make installing the Nvidia driver easier. Users won't adopt this mess if Ubuntu makes it so hard to install a video driver.

Keyper7
February 21st, 2009, 05:34 AM
Not to mention having to use a primitive DOS-like command line for everything...

smartboyathome
February 21st, 2009, 05:50 AM
Gah, it fried my CPU then made my computer explode! Thats it, I'm suing. :P

swoll1980
February 21st, 2009, 05:51 AM
Not to mention having to use a primitive DOS-like command line for everything...

This just proves Linux isn't ready for the desktop yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111 11111111111111oneoneoneone

blueshiftoverwatch
February 21st, 2009, 06:19 AM
I can't begin to describe the problems 9.10 has caused for me. To briefly sum it up:

The systems administrator at the research facility I work at installed 9.10 on one of the machines here. I'm not sure what exactly happened but it made something go haywire with with an experiment we were conducting. Causing a resonance cascade which opened up a rift to another universe. All sorts of horrible creatures came out of the rift. The military was later called in to help clean up the mess as things soon spiraled out of control. At first we thought they were here to save us but their orders in addition to beating back the aliens were to kill everyone associated with the project to keep news of the event from getting out. I, with the help of some of the surviving scientists and security guards managed to make it to another part of the complex where I found out that a working teleportation technology was in development. Apparently the satellite that I launched into orbit earlier in the day failed to stop the effects of the resonance cascade and a single powerful being at the other side of the portal was keeping it open. After being told that if I didn't go through to the other side to kill the creature there might not be anything to stay behind for I traveled to the strange alien borderworld world codenamed "Xen". After fighting across awe inspiring vistas on the borderworld I finally managed to confront the creature and kill it with a few well aimed rocket propelled grenades to the head. As it died it exploded into a flash of green light. Next thing I knew a strange man wearing a blue suit I had seen lurking around the research facility several times previously told me that I could either go to work for him or face a battle that I couldn't possibly home to win. I chose the first. A few seconds later I woke up on a train headed towards some place called City 17.

Giant Speck
February 21st, 2009, 06:23 AM
Dude, I can't stand this Karmic Koala!

Everything worked in Jaunty, and now that I've upgraded, I can only use half of my monitor, my wireless card doesn't work, and I can't plug in my iKitchenSink!

But despite the fact I can't even make it past GDM without it flipping upside down and barking at me in Japanese, it's so much better than that Windozsdfwere crap!

I mean, right? Am I right?

I may not be able to browse the internet without Firefox crashing every two seconds and my screen going blank, but hell, it's better than anything that nasty, evil Micro$trawberryshortcake can come up with!

Woormy
February 21st, 2009, 06:44 AM
I can't begin to describe the problems 9.10 has caused for me. To briefly sum it up:

The systems administrator at the research facility I work at installed 9.10 on one of the machines here. I'm not sure what exactly happened but it made something go haywire with with an experiment we were conducting. Causing a resonance cascade which opened up a rift to another universe. All sorts of horrible creatures came out of the rift. The military was later called in to help clean up the mess as things soon spiraled out of control. At first we thought they were here to save us but their orders in addition to beating back the aliens were to kill everyone associated with the project to keep news of the event from getting out. I, with the help of some of the surviving scientists and security guards managed to make it to another part of the complex where I found out that a working teleportation technology was in development. Apparently the satellite that I launched into orbit earlier in the day failed to stop the effects of the resonance cascade and a single powerful being at the other side of the portal was keeping it open. After being told that if I didn't go through to the other side to kill the creature there might not be anything to stay behind for I traveled to the strange alien borderworld world codenamed "Xen". After fighting across awe inspiring vistas on the borderworld I finally managed to confront the creature and kill it with a few well aimed rocket propelled grenades to the head. As it died it exploded into a flash of green light. Next thing I knew a strange man wearing a blue suit I had seen lurking around the research facility several times previously told me that I could either go to work for him or face a battle that I couldn't possibly home to win. I chose the first. A few seconds later I woke up on a train headed towards some place called City 17.

Did you upgrade or use a clean install?

MaxIBoy
February 21st, 2009, 07:31 AM
My wireless card doesn't work, suspend/resume doesn't work, and it spins up my hard drive really fast all the time so I'm afraid the thing will die. Whenever I type a command with the letter "t" in it, I get a fandango on core. Whenever I run too many programs at once, random processes start dieing. Also, Wanda the GNOME fish was in my session startup programs by default. And it has a DOCK! I hate those!

Did you upgrade or use a clean install?
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/thumb/8/8e/Picard_Facepalm.jpg/120px-Picard_Facepalm.jpg

Ms_Angel_D
February 21st, 2009, 09:28 AM
roflmao this thread has me cracking up!