PDA

View Full Version : What about a "mann" command: man-noob, a manual for noobs

LastWho
February 20th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Well, u keep telling us: RTFM, RTFM ... but speaking in the name of all the n00bs out there, let me tell u this: TL, DR. (too long, didn't read) .. the manual is very long and boring :D

So what if you try to create another version of it only for us (n00bs): funny, easier to read , with some useful tips... etc and you put it under this command "mann"

if u like the idea please start posting your own manns

(ps: sorry for my bad english ^^")

Bölvağur
February 20th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I keep hearing about ppl complaining about rtfm but I never see anyone give that advice nor have I given that golden of an advice (ti he he that made me giggle)

man is a simple program that just spews out text according to it's input. I wouldn't see any problems making it other than typing all that text.... so if you are willing to type the text, I'll do the program to spew it out.

Deal or no deal?

We are using linux.. but linux isnt free... we are supposed to pay with our work... now do your job ;)

chucky chuckaluck
February 20th, 2009, 04:01 PM
i don't mind the tl/dr stuff if it includes a howto (you know, starting with "make sure your computer is on").

Keyper7
February 20th, 2009, 04:03 PM
I agree with Bölvağur, I can count on my fingers the number of times I saw the RTFM advice around here.

This thread doesn't make much sense and its over-generalization sounds a little bit offensive to all the people around here who take their time to post easy-to-read guides.

jerrrys
February 20th, 2009, 05:11 PM
its probally too long but..

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1052065