PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Vlc Player

andrewa1
February 20th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Right i am trying to change My vlc player icons, i i used a icon theme pack and it changed my icon on the desktop but not others. What i want to change is the small Vlc icon in top left when you open Vlc up. Also the Vlc icon in the taskbar. i have my icon which i want to use. i have tried changing some but it does not change.

Does anyone know which folder i need to go to which contains all the vlc icons i need to change? i have already tried usr/share/vlc but with no luck. I have successfully changed my firefox icons without trouble.

I used nautilus image converter to resize my images with firefox.

See enclosed image to further understand what i want to achieve..see the small firefox icons i changed in top left and on the toolbar.. i want to do this with Vlc player.

And see how i changed all icons i could find but icon in top left of vlc and toolbar is still orange. cheers

Thanks all for your time, please help a Noob, im trying to understand linux as i have been a windows user for a very long time.

andrewa1
February 21st, 2009, 01:33 PM
bump!!!

so nobody's going to help?? i thought this seemed like a helpful forum, maybe i was wrong.

Vadi
February 21st, 2009, 02:25 PM
You want to change how VLC appears in the dock?

I think you go to /usr/share/icons - somewhere in there are the themable icons for apps.

andrewa1
February 21st, 2009, 03:03 PM
Not in the dock but in the App it's self, the litle icon top left when you open Vlc player and on the toolbar, where it's orange i want to change it to blue...like i said i successfully did it with firefox but on VLC some how it doesnt seem to work..there is icon somewhere i need to change, i have changed the one in usr/share/icons.

thanks for your help, it's appreciated. i'll just keep searching.

thankyou.

Armor Nick
February 21st, 2009, 04:46 PM
Those icon packs don't have icons for every app/filetype. If the icon for vlc doesn't change after installing the theme, and it isn't shown in a screenshot, the icon just won't change unless you do it yourself (in GIMP for example).

Psyphre
February 22nd, 2009, 03:05 AM
you said you changed the ones in usr/share/icons and usr/share/vlc

I just want to double check your certain about the usr/share/vlc as I took at look in that folder and im convinced those are the icons that you need to change. It even has all the different sizes. Make sure you change the 16x16.

I customize my icons alot and in my experience if it is not in your icon folder then its either in usr/share/pixmaps/ or usr/share/nameofprogram

andrewa1
February 22nd, 2009, 02:02 PM
you said you changed the ones in usr/share/icons and usr/share/vlc

I just want to double check your certain about the usr/share/vlc as I took at look in that folder and im convinced those are the icons that you need to change. It even has all the different sizes. Make sure you change the 16x16.

I customize my icons alot and in my experience if it is not in your icon folder then its either in usr/share/pixmaps/ or usr/share/nameofprogram

Yes i changed them all and all the correct sizes and i changed the 16x16 ones, just see my thumbnail screenshot. guess im stumped. changing the firefox ones was straight forward. There must be something i missed but i cant figure it out.

Anyway guys cheers for all your help it's appreciated.