PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Kinda have a couple of issues

ghostz
February 20th, 2009, 05:58 AM
i have installed ubuntu 5.05,8.0.4,8.10 now ill start with 5.04 i want to get some internet on my i book g3 dual usb 500Mhz i have a trendnet usb wifi dongle i was wondering if its is possible to get it working with 5.04
next is 8.0.4 now i have a video issue it only shows the bottom left hand side and thats about it is there a fix for that ?

finally 8.10 i have tried it loved it on my main desktop dual booting xp and ubuntu 8.10 but i also have it in the ppc version
and it installed fie untill igt og ot the point were it rebooted and tried to load the drivers for the videocard from the ibook and it said it could not find one and it just looked crappy i will post screen shots for thees problems
any help would be very ppreciated

mkvnmtr
February 20th, 2009, 03:14 PM
I doubt there are any repositories left for 5.05 so you will not be able to get any software to help you get things working. You might consider reinstalling with 8.04. You might have some issues but I believe folks in the forum can help you solve them.

ghostz
February 20th, 2009, 10:19 PM
ah well im out of luck ill try 8.04 but the video is and issue can never get it to work

ghostz
February 20th, 2009, 10:50 PM
here is a pic of what it looks like when i go into live.

is ther anyway to fix this

mkvnmtr
February 21st, 2009, 12:29 AM
Looks like the resolution is off. I have never had a G3 but I bet there are some folks here that can help you through getting it right. I have seen a lot of people install on G3 successfully.

ghostz
February 21st, 2009, 11:13 AM
Update: i got ubuntu 8.10 installed w/ the screen working right but now i cant start any applications