PDA

View Full Version : Java + RuneScape + Firefox 3.0.6 = Fail

Grant A.
February 19th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Ever since I upgraded to Firefox 3.0.6, it crashes if I move my mouse outside of the RuneScape game screen. Are there any browsers out there that work better with Java and RuneScape?

Polygon
February 19th, 2009, 11:47 PM
i think i have commented on this before, but my brother says that jagex's support for firefox has been historically bad. Why don't you go harass them into finally fixing it?

Kingsley
February 20th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Runescape by itself is fail. ;p

Back when I played, an outdated browser called Mozilla worked pretty well for me. I'm not certain sure if it's in Ubuntu repositories anymore.

p.s. Wanna buy a level 126? :)

RiceMonster
February 20th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Runescape by itself is fail. :P

Beat me to the punch :(

dragos240
February 20th, 2009, 12:50 AM

Back when I played, an outdated browser called Mozilla worked pretty well for me. I'm not certain sure if it's in Ubuntu repositories anymore.

p.s. Wanna buy a level 126? :)

The max level is 138 now due to the summoning update last year. By the way, i have the latest java, and firefox, and runescape works just fine, my brother has no problem with it either. It just may be a java configuration issue. Oh and no, i do not wish to buy a level 126, i prefer to work for it fairly.

Kingsley
February 20th, 2009, 12:53 AM
The max level is 138 now due to the summoning update last year. By the way, i have the latest java, and firefox, and runescape works just fine, my brother has no problem with it either. It just may be a java configuration issue. Oh and no, i do not wish to buy a level 126, i prefer to work for it fairly.
wow
126 was the max when I quit a few years ago. #-o

Grant A.
February 20th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Does Opera or SeaMonkey work well with Java?

phrostbyte
February 20th, 2009, 01:25 AM

By burying 3 million bones, or killing 1.1 million ghosts? I don't understand MMORPG, it's like working in a sweat shop except you don't get paid for your efforts. Why are they so addictive to so many people?

bsharp
February 20th, 2009, 01:27 AM

So does this mean in the Fail Equation (<- there should actually be such a thing...wait-I just made it :shock:) that Runescape is the equivalent value of 0 in mathematical properties?

I.E:
Java = Win

Firefox 3.0.6 = Win

Java + Firefox 3.0.6 = Win

RuneScape = Fail
Live broadcast + Alleged Duke Rape Scandal + not paying attention = Fail (http://failblog.org/2009/02/19/stats-fail/)

Someone please correct me if I am wrong in my logic.
:popcorn:

Kingsley
February 20th, 2009, 01:33 AM
By burying 3 million bones, or killing 1.1 million ghosts? I don't understand MMORPG, it's like working in a sweat shop except you don't get paid for your efforts. Why are they so addictive to so many people?
Looking back, I feel it was the competition and recognition amongst the community.

phrostbyte
February 20th, 2009, 01:34 AM
Does Opera or SeaMonkey work well with Java?

Try using a different browser for now, but please submit a bug report on launchpad.

phrostbyte
February 20th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Looking back, I feel it was the competition and recognition amongst the community.

Well I can see that, but RuneScape doesn't seem to have much of a community. Game like WoW is very community oriented because to really advance far in the game you have to team up with other people. RuneScape seems very solo, and very "repeat this action 100000x times" oriented. I think it could be something more then this. But whatever. :)

WalmartSniperLX
February 20th, 2009, 08:42 PM
FYI, Opera works flawlessly for me + runescape. Overall I prefer Opera to Firefox. It's also a lot faster.