PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 802.11n Wireless Adapter ENLWI-N

melenor
February 19th, 2009, 11:19 PM
I just got Encore Electronics 802.11n Wireless Adapter ENLWI-N it does not work by itself and i was wondering if there was an easy guide i could follow to get the adapter working. Thanks.

melenor
February 20th, 2009, 06:11 PM
bump

melenor
February 21st, 2009, 07:35 AM
bumpity bump?

makosgaming
March 28th, 2009, 08:54 PM
bump squared?

I have no idea how to compile the drivers, and their directions kind of suck

dbloom
May 12th, 2009, 09:08 PM
did anyone manage to get this working?

rudy.b
May 13th, 2009, 02:30 AM
According to the Hardware Support Components (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HardwareSupportComponentsWirelessNetworkCardsEncor e) page in the Ubuntu Community Documentation, this card is supported, at least using ndiswrapper. I have a different Encore card that I got to work through ndiswrapper, although for some reason the driver that came on the CD didn't work, I had to download a TrendNet driver for a card with the same chipset as mine.

Here are the steps I used to install my card using ndiswrapper:

Insert the Ubuntu CD
Allow packages to be installable from CD
System > Administration > Software Sources > Third-Party Software
Ensure the Cdrom option is checked and click "Close"
Install the ndiswrapper GUI Application (ndisgtk)
System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager
Search for the package "ndisgtk", mark for installation, and apply
Install the driver
System > Administration > Windows Wireless Drivers > Install New Driver
For this step you'll need the Windows XP version of the driver for your card. Browse to the .inf file and click "Install"

You should see the wireless networking icon in your notification area; click that to select your network and configure your settings.

dbloom
May 13th, 2009, 02:38 AM
thanks. if i decide to get the card, this might come in handy. i read elsewhere that it should work out of the box in 9.04. but ya never know.

thanks again.