PDA

View Full Version : What annoys the @#$% out of me.

dragos240
February 19th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Okay, every now and then i get into some conversation about different OS's and someone brings up windows, then i say something like "Oh man, i hate windows!". Then everybody accuses me of using a mac!! Has this happened to you?

TravisNewman
February 19th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Okay, every now and then i get into some conversation about different OS's and someone brings up windows, then i say something like "Oh man, i hate windows!". Then everybody accuses me of using a mac!! Has this happened to you?
yup. In popular thought, those are the only options.

Tibuda
February 19th, 2009, 10:07 PM
What "different OS's" were you talking about before "someone brings up windows"?

yup. In popular thought, those are the only options.In popular thought you only choose the hardware (Mac or PC).

TalioGladius
February 19th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Yeah, and then I generally slap them.

but honestly, there's a large percentage of the population that's never heard of linux, much less know what it is and does.

chucky chuckaluck
February 19th, 2009, 10:14 PM

such are the sorrows of a young werther.

billgoldberg
February 19th, 2009, 10:17 PM
such are the sorrows of a young werther.

lol

----

Why bother discussing such things.

You won't be able to convert a fanboy.

"Normal" people will not have such a discussion, so it's useless.

jerrrys
February 19th, 2009, 10:22 PM
normal people? you are not among normal people..

fistfullofroses
February 19th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Always keep in mind that IT professionals make up less than 1% of the world's population and outside of IT professionals only hobbyists and enthusiasts know anything about Linux, BSD, or any other *nix. Even most Macintosh users do not realize the true potential of their OS. They assume that OSX is only what they see. They don't realize that there is Bash prompt under there... and a compiler... and...

ugh, all that hardware and software wasted.

lykwydchykyn
February 19th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Easy solution: instead of talking bad about Windows, talk good about Linux.

Grant A.
February 19th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Easy solution: instead of talking bad about Windows, talk good about Linux.

Sometimes the best way is to shame the enemy, but praise yourself. ;)

s.fox
February 19th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Windows should not be seen as the enemy IMHO. Its just an OS after all.

I have a friend who is a windows devout and he knows I use linux as my primary OS. He asked me why, so I said I can do better than that. I gave him a cd to boot from. After a few days he understood exactly why I use it. He said he liked the control and variety of open source software available. He now dual boots and no longer talks down to me when we are discussing our PCs.

This is just my experience, and may not reflect the true nature of things.