PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] KDE won't work after updates.

shayguitarra
February 19th, 2009, 06:33 PM
OK, I was running gnome until about a month ago I installed the kubuntu desktop which I've been using since. Earlier today I installed some updates and now I can't access kde anymore. When I boot up my pc I get the following message:

X session: unable to launch "/usr/bin/startkde" X session - "/usr/bin/startkde" not found, falling back to default session.

This logs me into my old gnome desktop.

I was thinking that maybe the kubuntu desktop was uninstalled during the updates so I went into synaptic to check. It appears that it is no longer installed. When I attempted reinstallation I got the following message:

"Could not mark all packages for installation or upgrade.
The following packages have unresolvable dependencies. Make sure that all required repositories are added and enabled in the preferences."

There then follows a list of kde packages saying that they are not going to be installed.

I've checked my software sources and all of the repositories seem to be as they were with nothing disabled or removed.

Can anybody help me out here? I haven't done anything but install the latest updates. If you need any more information please let me know.

shayguitarra
February 19th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I've linked to this message from this thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6762941#post6762941 which seems to deal with a problem similar to mine.

Sorry for cluttering up the forum.