PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] GForge install on Ubuntu 8.10 Server edition

lmcadory
February 19th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Hello.
First let me say I am new to the world of Linux. I have only been using it for about 2 weeks. So be easy. The newbie jokes are welcome. I'm not a sensitive guy

Now to the meat and potatoes. I have been tasked to set up gforge. I wasn't giving a Linux requirement other then free. So I choose Ubuntu Server since I have been playing with the desktop edition at home(looking to make the switch from XP). I haven't started yet but was hoping I could get some help with the installation. I am completely new to the world of apache, php, and sql. So any starting points would be great.

The plan is to set up a web based shared repository that can only be accessed through our network.

lmcadory
March 3rd, 2009, 09:13 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions? I have installed GForge using 'sudo apt-get install gforge' But how to I configure it to see the web page? And configure the database? Like I said this is all new to me so any help would be appreciated.

avtolle
March 3rd, 2009, 09:51 PM
Have you been to the Server Platform forum (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=339) and taken a look around? I know nothing about what you are trying to do, but it seems like a place for more particular assistance.

lmcadory
March 4th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Ok thanks. You know I'm never sure were to post questions in forums sometimes.