PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse & Flex Builder

Penteado
February 19th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Hi there,

i'm currently using zend studio (eclipse version) & flex builder alpha linux release.

I've followed numbers of tutorials and got the same problem. cant validate "web root" and "root URL" on creating a new flex project.

The same messages keeps showing , "Cannot access the web server. The server may not be running, or the web root folder or root URL may be invalid.".

Anyone has an idea how to fix this ?

Best Regards, and thank you in advance

Bruno Martins

cerealtx
February 19th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Hi there,

i'm currently using zend studio (eclipse version) & flex builder alpha linux release.

I've followed numbers of tutorials and got the same problem. cant validate "web root" and "root URL" on creating a new flex project.

The same messages keeps showing , "Cannot access the web server. The server may not be running, or the web root folder or root URL may be invalid.".

Anyone has an idea how to fix this ?

Best Regards, and thank you in advance

Bruno Martins

are u running a server on your computer? or are you trying to save remotly?

Penteado
February 19th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Hi, thank you for your reply.

I'm running on localhost.

Dont know what to do, its getting so frustrating ... . I'm pissed

JasonDFR
May 1st, 2009, 05:55 AM
I have the exact same problem. Ubuntu 9.04 Eclipse 3.4 Flex Builder.

Any solution or advice?

rootkowski
July 22nd, 2009, 11:40 AM
HI everyone!

My response perhaps is a bit late but it still might help someone. I installed Flex Builder on Mint 6 (Ubuntu 8.10) some time ago and had some issues too. What I found out was that the version of Eclipse you need to use was 3.3.2. It just wouldn't work with 3.4.

You can also use NetBeans 6.5 with a plugin for Flex development. Because of issues with Flex Builder and java performance on my machine (NetBeans) I nowadays use Komodo Edit plus Flex SDK. Runs fine and compiles as it should. For details on setting up Komodo for Flex you can take a look at my blog: http://blog.rootkowski.com/get-started-with-flex-development-on-linux/

Hope this helps someone eager for some Flex development :-)
Cheers!

EDIT: just found a post about setting up Flex Builder with Eclipse 3.4. You can read it here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1103588