PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] IGP 320M/Mobility U1 in 8.10

jonnybfromcle.
February 19th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Hello, I'm trying to get my ATI IGP 320M (Mobility U1) working in Ubuntu 8.10 on a Compaq Presario 2100 (2108us). I've scoured the internets, but most information is about 4 years old and deals with older installations. I'd like to get 3d acceleration working, right now anything involving video is choppy and not synched with audio. I've tried envyng, but I don't think it supports the chipset. Any help would be greatly appreciated, but I fear that I might be SOL.

Thanks,
Jon

overdrank
February 19th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Hello, I'm trying to get my ATI IGP 320M (Mobility U1) working in Ubuntu 8.10 on a Compaq Presario 2100 (2108us). I've scoured the internets, but most information is about 4 years old and deals with older installations. I'd like to get 3d acceleration working, right now anything involving video is choppy and not synched with audio. I've tried envyng, but I don't think it supports the chipset. Any help would be greatly appreciated, but I fear that I might be SOL.

Thanks,
Jon

Hi and welcome, what I can find on that chipset is it appears to be a little older than my ATI 7500 in a laptop I use. Have you tried Hardy 8.04?
As for 3d this may not be achievable.