PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Whats happened to my gnome panel?

Macfunky
February 18th, 2009, 11:02 PM
I don't even know when it happened but i just noticed earlier that on my top panel my little icon to show my wireless connection disappeared. I added a new one to my panel but its different than the one that used to be there. Anyway since then i've noticed that a few other things that usually show up on the right side of my top panel aren't showing up anymore. I thought at first maybe moving them around might reveal them but no such luck. Has this happened to anyone and do they know how to fix it?

vancedus
February 19th, 2009, 04:24 AM
Some things like the network connections, battery life (if its a laptop), and the system update notification icon are one "addition". Go under "add to Panel" and find "notification area". That should bring back the original network icon. Hope that works out for you.

Macfunky
February 19th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Nice one. That brought it back. Thanks a million. Still don't know how i got rid of it

su-37
July 11th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Yeah i tried the whole add to panle but i cant find the update notification icon. You know the little star like one that appeared whenever you had updates. Does anyone know how to get it back?

QIII
July 11th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Re: Update notification icon.

Here's what I did, using the From GConf Tool method:

http://www.watchingthenet.com/how-to-restore-automatic-update-notification-icon-in-ubuntu-9-04.html

su-37
July 11th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Okay thanks a bunch. I know its supposed to help us but personally i prefer the notification. ):P