PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Openoffice or Go-oo in Intrepid?

huesoromero
February 18th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Hi, first thanks to all the people that is involved in Ubuntu, open source software, etc. I´m totally new in Ubuntu.

Well, searching the net i discovered that there 3d OpenGl transitios available for OpenOffice. I tried to install them but nothing (the version of transitions that are available are for oo 2.4, mine is 3.0). Then i found Go-oo but i cannot install it.
But i have a question? Is OO 2.4 included in Intrepid a vanilla version or is Go-oo with 3d transition, SVG support, etc?

Anyway, someone can help me installing Go-oo 3.0.1? Is a tar.gz package. I tried first with ./configure command but it asked me to choose a distribution with --distro-select or something.
Here is the Go-oo download page:
http://go-oo.org/download/

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english!

Partyboi2
February 19th, 2009, 01:27 AM
But i have a question? Is OO 2.4 included in Intrepid a vanilla version or is Go-oo with 3d transition, SVG support, etc? The openoffice.org in ubuntu is the Go-oo version. :)

mikeize
February 19th, 2009, 02:02 AM
Heh. I found this out only AFTER uninstalling my openoffice. Unfortunately, it also uninstalled a bunch of unrelated stuff, that I am slowly finding out about, ie, gnome-mount(?).