PDA

View Full Version : Stolen beans

jimbob
February 18th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Two weeks or so ago I had 904 posts to my credit. Now it is down to 859 for some reason.

I guess the mortgage bailout plan hits everybody.

schauerlich
February 18th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Read the sticky in this forum.

MikeTheC
February 18th, 2009, 07:34 PM
I guess the mortgage bailout plan hits everybody.
+1... lol...

Tristam Green
February 18th, 2009, 07:49 PM
because the database is huge.

It costs a lot of hours to maintain that database. Making it smaller is much easier on the minds of administrators.

Are beans really that indicative of someone's expertise with Ubuntu/*nix/Operating Systems?

nothingspecial
February 18th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Are beans really that indicative of someone's expertise with Ubuntu/*nix/Operating Systems?

Not if mine are anything to go by. I know naff all about computers in general.:D

S0VERE1GN
February 18th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Yea man, my windows Xp comp told me i had 505 MB of ram in the morning, after the bailout i had 502.

scraping some off the top for everyone... horrible. :-({|=

BDNiner
February 18th, 2009, 08:28 PM
I have had problems accessing the site for a couple weeks now. I haven't noticed a change in my bean count. I don't really pay attention to it. But i do want my coffee cup back! I will settle for having the beans lie in different directions though.

jimbob
February 18th, 2009, 11:40 PM
< beginning of silly rant >

I still don't think it is fair to decrement my hard earned bean count.

I really don't care that they lobbed off some of my posts because they are old or due to consolidation of topics but the bean count should stay the same because it is a representation of my participation in the forums.

After all there is no correlation between the count and any specific post(s) so what difference does it make to them?

I was really close to getting another cup too.

< end of silly rant >

dragos240
February 18th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Yea man, my windows Xp comp told me i had 505 MB of ram in the morning, after the bailout i had 502.

scraping some off the top for everyone... horrible. :-({|=

You use an XP? XD!

aysiu
February 18th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Most likely a thread you made some posts in got deleted or moved from a support forum to a community discussion area.

It's not a big deal. Beans don't mean anything anyway. They're just for fun.

schauerlich
February 19th, 2009, 12:16 AM
It's not a big deal. Beans don't mean anything anyway. They're just for fun.

Says the man with 29,000 beans! Puh. The rich get richer...

(I kid. :) )

MikeTheC
February 19th, 2009, 12:22 AM
My theory is that you just build your own avatar to look like part of the background, and then incorporate into it whatever emblematic devices you so choose. Personally, I've thought about it, but haven't bothered.

On a private message board I run, my avatar is a Star Fleet "Fleet Admiral" rate device.

Frankly, I really don't care, and any incentive to care is starting to be eroded away, anyhow. I show up and post because I find some entertainment value in doing so. The moment it's gone, I'm gone. Simple as that.

aysiu
February 19th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Says the man with 29,000 beans! Puh. The rich get richer...

(I kid. :) )
And if I'd had only two beans, I'd probably be jokingly accused of suffering from "sour grapes..."