PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Xenophobic openoffice

GeorgeMurango
February 18th, 2009, 06:32 PM
I need to type up a spanish essay, so I enabled spanish language support, and arabic because I study that too. I let it update, and lo and behold openoffice had been deleted and refuses to install claiming conflicts. Can anyone help me?

GeorgeMurango
February 18th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Update- I have writer installed, yet it stubbornly refuses to use my gtk theme.

patocardo
April 14th, 2009, 02:35 PM
George ¿encontraste la forma de solucionar el problema? yo quiero cambiar el lenguaje de la interfaz, y sólo me da dos opciones, las dos son inglés

silentrebel
April 14th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Oiga! A mix me gusta el espanxol también, pero aquix se habla inglés, vale? Para que este sitio nos sirva a todos, tenemos que hablar inglés...

How do you want to anyone else to help you in case GeorgeMurango is not coming back...?
To obtain the options that would allow you to change the OpenOffice interface to Spanish, you need to install the right packages. You can search Synaptic for "Openoffice spanish" and apply the ones that look right.

Alternatively, you can look in the menus at the top of the screen and navigate your way to System > Administration > Language Support. Look through the scroll list, check Spanish (which, if I remember clearly, is not even there for some reason (odd because you can get obscure languages like Lojban, Esperanto and Old French))) and click apply.