PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] preseeding installation 8.10 - how to preseed "encrypted directory" prompt?

chakoshi
February 18th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Hi
I'm trying to preseed the installation for 8.10; but it seems there's no debian installer (d-i) variable to preseed the "encrypted private directory" prompt to fully automate the installation. I found it reported on launchpad https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/285722 as a bug, so what should I do then? does it mean there's no way to skip this question during installation?
does any one know where can I found a full list of d-i variables,(may be in source codes?which files?)
thanks in advance

chakoshi
February 18th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Oh! no one answered me:(
but I found the solution, hope to be useful for others;)

add this line to your preseed file:
user-setup-udeb user-setup/encrypted-private boolean false

I found this by the following set of commands, from ubuntu community documentations:
"If you can't find the option you're looking for you can generate a comprehensive preseed file based on your own install time choices by using debconf-get-selections

debconf-get-selections usage:

sudo apt-get install debconf-utils # It is part of the debconf-utils package.
debconf-get-selections --installer > somefile.txt
debconf-get-selections >> somefile.txt "

gregsheu
February 20th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Oh! no one answered me:(
but I found the solution, hope to be useful for others;)

add this line to your preseed file:
user-setup-udeb user-setup/encrypted-private boolean false

I found this by the following set of commands, from ubuntu community documentations:
"If you can't find the option you're looking for you can generate a comprehensive preseed file based on your own install time choices by using debconf-get-selections

debconf-get-selections usage:

sudo apt-get install debconf-utils # It is part of the debconf-utils package.
debconf-get-selections --installer > somefile.txt
debconf-get-selections >> somefile.txt "

Thanks a lot. I am looking for how to disable this prompt in the preseed file as well.

guvnr
May 5th, 2010, 09:04 PM
if you get error:-

debconf: DbDriver "di_questions": could not open ...........

try:-

debconf-get-selections > debconf
nano debconf