PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] switching between windows in tab style

karantir
February 18th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Hi, guys.

Is it possible (in gnome) to switch between applications in window list in tab style? For example, in firefox i can go to the first tab with alt+1 shortcut, to the second with alt+2 etc. It's much more useful for me then alt+tab and other advanced switchers.

sharathpaps
February 18th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Hey,
I'm not sure I've understood your question very well. Anyway, try using Alt+Tab to switch between all open windows. Also, you can use Ctrl+Tab to switch between all open tabs in a firefox session. Hope that helps. Else could you clarify your question further?

karantir
February 18th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Heh :D
Thanks for advice.

I know about alt+tab. But i want to switch between windows in tab manner. For example, ctrl+alt+1 for the first window in panel, ctrl+alt+2 for the second etc. It's much better for me to keep in mind window positions, then use traditional alt+tab or modern switchers like shift+alt+up

sharathpaps
February 18th, 2009, 07:47 PM
hey,
You're welcome. I dunno abt using Alt+Tab+1 or other number to switch between windows. Atleast it doesn't seem possible to me using the GUI. I guess you'll have to wait until someone else can come up with a solution.

karantir
February 18th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Just found out helpful keys in config editor:

/apps/metacity/global_keybindings/cycle_windows
/apps/metacity/global_keybindings/cycle_windows_backward

It's not exactly what i want but pretty similar. There is only one problem -- assigned shortcuts doesn't work (i'm trying to set <Control><Alt>Right and <Control><Alt>Left values respectively). It's very strange because some of the other keybindings in this section works fine. Could somebody help me with this issue?