PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Fakeraid

dimothy10
February 18th, 2009, 03:10 AM
wondered if people here might be able to help. Have alreadty posted here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1072492) but have had little interest. I understand it is a short time but i'm close to removing what little hair i have already lol.

still, struggling with dmraid and ubuntu in live cd version. I hasten to point out i am not trying to install ubuntu, simply use it to recover some files from a troublesome XP NTFS SATA RAID setup. The results of my endeavours are in the previous post. Am willing to admit that my knowledge of linux and all things ubuntu is laughable but am desperate for a solution. I understand Bart
PE may be a better solution but I am lacking a Windows system that is usable that can make the necessary disks. Despite that fact would love to have a linux live cd that could perform what i am trying to perform. would gain significant piece of mind if i knew i could recover some data from my previous XP installs without having to resort to some manner of file scavenging!!