PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Kernel panic while installation/booting & random system lockups

FatFreddie
February 17th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Hi everyone,

just changed from windows to ubuntu, so Im a bloody newbie...

My computer: Acer Aspire 5610, latest BIOS v3.60, Intel Centrino Duo Core T2050 @ 1,6 GHz, Intel 945PM/GM express-chipset, intel PRO/wireless 3945ABG Wi-Fi CERTIFIED, nVidia Geforce Go 7300, HD 120 GB SATA

My problem: I could only make the installation run with "noapic", when booting there is the same problem... when booting 'the normal way(no noapic)' there is a lockup at third 'bar' with capslock blinking.
Now that ubuntu is installed, there are random system lockups with capslock blinking.

I once tried to install knoppix and ophcrack and had similar problems, so I guess linux and my hardware dont like each other :(

Can anyone help, pease?

Best, timo

avtolle
February 17th, 2009, 07:20 PM
See https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootOptions#Change%20Boot%20Options%20Permanently% 20On%20An%20Existing%20Installation for how to make the "noapic" boot option permanent. Good luck.

FatFreddie
February 17th, 2009, 07:34 PM
I already made it permanent.
That helps to boot without lockups, but doesnt solve the problem of random system lockups WHILE running ubuntu...