PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] make kde aps double click

prconnor@gmail.com
February 17th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Hello All,

I have gnome installed, but use a few aps from the kde suite. I would like to make them behave like my gnome aps; specifically I would like them to be double click. I prefer not have to install the whole kde suite just to launch the control center and change the behavior to double click.

Is there a config file somewhere where I can make the change?

Thank you

Tim Sharitt
February 17th, 2009, 08:00 AM
What application are you trying to change (konqeror, dolphin, etc)?

yther
February 17th, 2009, 08:16 AM
A quick grep of the files in ~/.kde/share/config suggests you should look at the file "kdeglobals" in there. Specifically, look for this line:

SingleClick=true

Try changing it to "false" and see what happens. (I have mine set that way too, because otherwise I keep accidentally activating things instead of selecting them.)

prconnor@gmail.com
February 20th, 2009, 08:13 AM
A quick grep of the files in ~/.kde/share/config suggests you should look at the file "kdeglobals" in there. Specifically, look for this line:

SingleClick=true

Try changing it to "false" and see what happens. (I have mine set that way too, because otherwise I keep accidentally activating things instead of selecting them.)

This is exactly what I was trying to find. the kdeglobals file on my system did not have this line. I added it then launched a kde app. No luck. I'm not certain why, but I have checked for typos and believe I didn't misstype it.

gespertino
July 28th, 2010, 01:29 AM
It has to be in the KDE group. Just add:

[KDE]
SingleClick=false