PDA

View Full Version : Netbook UI help

addicuss
February 17th, 2009, 12:46 AM
Hi all sorry if this is in the wrong category. Please move if it is. I'm somewhat new to the forums (not so new to Ubuntu but newish).

I have Ubuntu running on a Dell mini 9. I ran UNR on it for awhile. It was great but after awhile I grew bored with its lack of customization and lack of flexibility.

Here's were I need help. What applications, UI's, Etc can you guys (and gals) recommend to make my netbook experience more comfortable. Honestly I am looking for anything and everything that you can think of. Whether it be a simple settings change, a program, or an entirely new UI. Also sell me on your ideas if you have time. ie: Don't just say "get program x!" Say "hey you should get program x because you can customize it and do this with it which works very well on a tiny screen and uses very few resources".

Thanks in advance and my apologies if there are similar threads out there. I tried several searches and couldn't quite find what I was looking for.

dmizer
February 17th, 2009, 03:41 AM
Moved this to Desktop Environments

Tutorials and Tips is for posting howtos only, not for requesting them. :)

It might help if you posted what you're looking for. What do you want from your user experience? Since everyone has extremely different opinions on how a desktop should look and feel, you're not likely to get advice specific to your needs unless you indicate what you're looking for.

I also suggest browsing through the monthly screenshots thread here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1056569 as it's a good resource for getting ideas and people are willing to share their configuration if you ask.