PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 3d cube/wobble windows

Ravernomina
February 17th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Hello. i would like to ask some one if they could make me a guide on how to get the 3d cube running and wobbly windows please. I am a noob to Linux and i would like some help. Anything would be great (step by step would rock :popcorn:) TYVM!!!.

Ravernomina

Lunx
February 17th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Have you used synaptic to download CompizConfig Settings Manager? Once you download and install you can access it through System>Preferences>CompizConfig Settings Manager and then just tick the boxes for 3D Cube, Wobbly Windows etc.

Hope that helps

howefield
February 17th, 2009, 12:21 AM
As said above, once you have the compizconfig-settings-manager installed, go to System > Preferences > Compizconfig Settings Manager option and set the following to get the 3d cube.

1. General options and select the number of horizontal desktops you require.
2. Activate Desktop Cube and Rotate Cube.
3. Go to "cube reflection and deformation". Set as required.
4. Spin the cube by pressing mouse scroll wheel and drag.

Ravernomina
February 17th, 2009, 01:39 AM
idk ware to get CompizConfig Settings Manager can u please give me a download link TYVM

hansdown
February 17th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Hi Ravernomina.

Click system> administration> synaptic package manager.

Search for compizconfig settings manager.

Click it. Click mark for installation. Click mark all upgrades. Click install.

Ravernomina
February 17th, 2009, 02:30 AM
YAY!!! now how can i Zoom out :o and set a background for it :P

hansdown
February 17th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Here is a good tutorial.

http://wiki.compiz-fusion.org/CCSM

Ravernomina
February 17th, 2009, 03:23 AM
I get it all now thank you guys :3

hansdown
February 17th, 2009, 03:31 AM
I forgot to welcome you to the forums Ravernomina
Welcome.

Lunx
February 17th, 2009, 05:08 AM
I get it all now thank you guys :3

:)

Ravernomina
February 27th, 2009, 05:42 AM
Thank yea :lolflag:

MysteriousMayonaise
July 16th, 2009, 02:55 AM
I tried this, and when I check the boxes for.....anything, nothing takes effect, am I doing something wrong?:???:

For instance, I check the box for Wobbly Windows, then I press the close button in the bottom left of the Compizconfig Settings Manager, then I try to move the windows around and nothing. I tried to enable the Cube, and nothing. I really, really see nothing I did wrong. So far, my Ubuntu experience has been one of the worst experiences I've ever had with computers.:(

Edit: I tried using this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGY9cwSjZsU guide on how to use the cube. No results, can't rotate it, can't do a single thing I enable in ccsm.