PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to build a “truely free” Social Network?

Mazza558
February 16th, 2009, 11:16 PM
http://jamesgadsby.wordpress.com/2009/02/16/is-it-time-to-build-a-truely-free-social-network/

Thoughts?

geoken
February 16th, 2009, 11:19 PM
How would it be funded?

RiceMonster
February 16th, 2009, 11:24 PM
No, we don't need another annoying facebook-eque website.

Polygon
February 17th, 2009, 01:05 AM
no. uses cloud computing, so basically whoever runs this thing will have access to everything, causing privacy freaks to flip out

not to mention what else could be done with social networking? Facebook have pretty much everything short of sharing files like that guy said, and drop box exists for that. it seems kinda silly.

handy
February 17th, 2009, 02:54 AM
There has already been a lot said about facebook's privacy issues, anyone interested will learn a lot on that subject if they do a search.

Grant A.
February 17th, 2009, 02:58 AM
There has already been a lot said about facebook's privacy issues, anyone interested will learn a lot on that subject if they do a search.

Their Terms of Service revisions have been quite scary lately. :(

I would like to recommend everyone here not try to distribute any coding or scripts through Facebook, since once it's on their servers, you essentially forfeit the copyright and claims to it.

SonnHalter
February 17th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Their Terms of Service revisions have been quite scary lately. :(

I would like to recommend everyone here not try to distribute any coding or scripts through Facebook, since once it's on their servers, you essentially forfeit the copyright and claims to it.

o god. now you tell me. i just sent my life's masterpiece program, "hello wolrd!" to a friend for eval.NOOO

JackieChan
February 17th, 2009, 04:34 AM
We don't need another myspace or facebook. Just keep in touch with your friends through instant messenging, email, or phone - it's much more private that way. It annoys me how people need to show themselves off through social network sites. There's a serious lack of privacy with those sites.

Polygon
February 17th, 2009, 04:33 PM

yes ive read about it, but the whole point of a social network is to send like snippits of yourself, what your doing at the moment, maybe some profile pictures.......there are going to be privacy issues no matter WHO runs the social network.

your not going to be uploading like works of art or anything to facebook, its just merely a tool of keeping in contact with other people

and not to mention their tos change is just stupid. what are they going to do with my low resolution facebook picture? *rolls eyes*