PDA

View Full Version : I had to laugh!

Totzo
December 22nd, 2005, 02:11 PM
What's the world coming to!!!?

LOL

It has come to the Internet's attention that the acronym, "LOL" (Laughing Out Loud) has been overused and misused. People use "LOL" to simply state that something was slightly humorous, when it was originally intended to state that something was so funny as to literally cause out-loud laughter, hence "Laughing Out Loud."

"LOL" also does not allow for the expression of gradual degrees of humor. The Committee for Internet Acronyms have adopted a new standard that will allow not only for the conveying of the level of laughter, but for much easier-to-type acronyms. Note also that previous standards did not allow for the expression of non-humor, which L0 effortlessly does, which is also much easier than typing, "I don't think that was very funny, Scott."

Here are the new acronyms to be used when expressing humor level:

L0 = Not funny at all
L1 = I smiled - traditional smile :)
L2 = I chuckled
L3 = I laughed out loud - traditional LOL
L4 = I laughed pretty hard for more than just a few moments - traditional ROTFL - also, any L3 accompanied by clapping
L5 = No more, please, I can't stop the tears
(sightings include beverage of choice spewing from nose)
+ = Suffix. Indicates any degree of humor between those established above. Hence, a loud chuckle that did not reach full laughter status would rate an L2+. Situations invoking L5+ are considered dangerous and are to be avoided. Dreadful humor that commands an L0- generally results in a fist-fight.

Note that the L humor rating system has not yet reached 100% acceptance, so you may have to instruct new people from time to time. In the future, when people send you a LOL, please refer them to the above standards so that they won't continue to embarrass themselves.

23meg
December 22nd, 2005, 02:17 PM
Since the normalization of LOL, the following have replaced its original position:

LMAO
LMFAO
ROTFL

BSDFreak
December 22nd, 2005, 02:26 PM
What's the world coming to!!!?

LOL

It has come to the Internet's attention that the acronym, "LOL" (Laughing Out Loud) has been overused and misused. People use "LOL" to simply state that something was slightly humorous, when it was originally intended to state that something was so funny as to literally cause out-loud laughter, hence "Laughing Out Loud."

"LOL" also does not allow for the expression of gradual degrees of humor. The Committee for Internet Acronyms have adopted a new standard that will allow not only for the conveying of the level of laughter, but for much easier-to-type acronyms. Note also that previous standards did not allow for the expression of non-humor, which L0 effortlessly does, which is also much easier than typing, "I don't think that was very funny, Scott."

Here are the new acronyms to be used when expressing humor level:

L0 = Not funny at all
L1 = I smiled - traditional smile :)
L2 = I chuckled
L3 = I laughed out loud - traditional LOL
L4 = I laughed pretty hard for more than just a few moments - traditional ROTFL - also, any L3 accompanied by clapping
L5 = No more, please, I can't stop the tears
(sightings include beverage of choice spewing from nose)
+ = Suffix. Indicates any degree of humor between those established above. Hence, a loud chuckle that did not reach full laughter status would rate an L2+. Situations invoking L5+ are considered dangerous and are to be avoided. Dreadful humor that commands an L0- generally results in a fist-fight.

Note that the L humor rating system has not yet reached 100% acceptance, so you may have to instruct new people from time to time. In the future, when people send you a LOL, please refer them to the above standards so that they won't continue to embarrass themselves.

Too L8

23meg
December 22nd, 2005, 02:34 PM
Lol

Arktis
December 22nd, 2005, 03:53 PM
Introducing two new acronyms : SWC - so who cares? IDC - I don't care.

BSDFreak
December 22nd, 2005, 04:11 PM
Introducing two new acronyms : SWC - so who cares? IDC - I don't care.

Since IC means "i see" in intarwebs lingo i wonder if there is not a lot of room for confusion regarding those acronyms. Using the same line of thought IDC would mean "i'd see".

I can't believe i'm discussing this. LOL

Enter
December 22nd, 2005, 05:05 PM
LOL, Lol i better put it the way hahahhahahhahahahhahhahahha

erikpiper
December 22nd, 2005, 05:09 PM
Lol is more like a "Heh"
Rotflmao is more like L5+

Totzo
December 22nd, 2005, 05:15 PM
"the Nose" is 5.14d I thnk! hahahahahahahaha

Totzo