PDA

View Full Version : I received my Ubuntu Shipit :D (Syria)

Zonkle
December 22nd, 2005, 01:04 PM
Hiiiiiii :D,

Finally I received my Shipit order for 55 CDs to Damascus, Syria at 21-12-2005 :D

The package came from Holand :)

I received it after struggling with the customs department and the supervision department :? ... and they made me pay ~$60 customs :( .. it's ok ... I'm Happy :D

So if any body around and want a copy tell me.

I already started giving some copies to my co-workers and relatives:)

These are some pics of the package :P: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hazz/sets/1634427/

Cya ;)

Rinzwind
December 22nd, 2005, 01:08 PM
Wtf do you need 55 cd's? :D

Looks cool tho! :)

darth_vector
December 22nd, 2005, 02:00 PM
60 bucks!? it shouldnt have cost you anything...

nice pics by the way :)

ned.b
December 22nd, 2005, 02:25 PM
nice one! keep spreading the word :)

Zonkle
December 24th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Rinzwind, I don't need the CDs for me, I wanted them so I give them away to people. They looks nice and more professional wit the Ubuntu pack:). I gave about ~15 till now :) ... I'm sure I will spread all of them soon...

Thankdarth_vector, I know I know ..... but what can I do ... these are the rules here ..

Glad you like the pics :P ;)

Rinzwind
December 24th, 2005, 10:07 AM
I ordered 3 packs of 5 cd's ;)
Cuz I am not gonna pay importtaxes EVER.

Thing is: could you not just order 11 sets of 5 cds? Or did you want 1 big box? :D

It's a waste of 60 dollars :(

Oh and after people saw me use Looking Glass from a cd that came with LINUX Format and me not telling them it was NOT Ubuntu loads of them wanted a cd :D :D

briancurtin
December 24th, 2005, 10:32 AM
i ordered like 30 i think, so i could leave them in the lab at school for people to take and try out

Gandalf
December 24th, 2005, 10:50 AM
60 bucks is a waste man, but i understand why ( am from lebanon lol ), anyway i ordered 55 Cds to france it arrived 3 weeks after i made the order i didn't pay a cent to customs :D

Ubuntu Rocks :D