PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] hardinfo

arturieto
February 15th, 2009, 01:27 AM
I installed hardinfo through the terminal using apt-get. My problem is I could not see any hardinfo icon in the application menu. I've search in UbuntuGeek and it says it can be found in system tools, but to none appears. I search the symantic package and it showed the hardinfo package is installed.

Please help me. How to make the hardinfo appear in the application menu. My OS is Ubuntu 8.10.

Mze
February 15th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Logout and login

abn91c
February 15th, 2009, 01:40 AM
I installed hardinfo through the terminal using apt-get. My problem is I could not see any hardinfo icon in the application menu. I've search in UbuntuGeek and it says it can be found in system tools, but to none appears. I search the symantic package and it showed the hardinfo package is installed.

Please help me. How to make the hardinfo appear in the application menu. My OS is Ubuntu 8.10.
Not sure if it the same, but in my Kubuntu ist called System Profiler and Benchmark

hansdown
February 15th, 2009, 01:48 AM
Hi arturieto.

If you go to applications> accessories> terminal, type hardinfo, hit enter, it will launch for you.

spcwingo
February 15th, 2009, 02:25 AM
Not sure if it the same, but in my Kubuntu ist called System Profiler and Benchmark

Same here, but I'm on Gnome. To the OP, it's menu entry is created under System>Preferences>System Profiler and Benchmark.

arturieto
February 16th, 2009, 11:56 PM
to all my friends,

thanks a lot. i found the application in System > > Preferences >>> System Profiler and Benchmark

May your tribe expand and succeed !!!

abn91c
February 17th, 2009, 01:04 AM
to all my friends,

thanks a lot. i found the application in System > > Preferences >>> System Profiler and Benchmark

May your tribe expand and succeed !!!
Live Long and Prosper

pe7er
June 7th, 2009, 01:17 PM
it's menu entry is created under System>Preferences>System Profiler and Benchmark.
I was looking in all menus for "HardInfo" and http://wiki.hardinfo.org/Documentation was not very helpful with

User Guide
There is currently no user documentation.

Thanks!

PS: HardInfo is a great application. I would love to see it integrated in a default Ubuntu installation.