PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Shockwave flash bug

Larsac
February 14th, 2009, 10:52 PM
I installed a flashplayer named "Shockwave flash 9.0 r100" using the tab that pops down (don't know what it's called) whenever there's an application required in firefox. My current version of ff is 3.0.6.

Now, I'm experiencing a problem with the app. Whenever there's a flash-driven element on a page, it shows up dark grey, with this giant, ugly play button-icon. When it's a video of any kind, say Youtube, it plays, but lags and freezes firefox after a while, still playing the sound. Some video elements simply turn black after pressing the giant play button. (Commercial elements seem to have no problem with the app..)

So, I've tried to read threads about deleting the plugin, but I can't find one that actually works. I can't get rid of it. And somehow it blocks other flash players, like Adobe(I've installed Adobe fp 10 manually as from the " [SOLVED] You Tube / Installed plugins "). At least I think it does. When I turn it of, I still get the message that I need to "install the latest Adobe flashplayer plugin".

On my laptop with the same version of both ff and ubuntu, I installed Adobe's flash player first. That works perfectly fine.

Any solutions on making my web browser able to play flash?

forestwalkerjoe
February 14th, 2009, 11:03 PM
i know that not every thing can work for each persons system.. i tried the below solve and .. well, it didnt work for me.
i did however try 3 others.. the last test i did solved it.. and it think it address's the Glitch in this version of ubuntu very nicely.
i am running on IBIX 810.
here is the link to my solve (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6734814#post6734814).
I am not good with linking and getting every thing to open.. so if you cant see the other links on this post i am setting up.. write back. BUT this really did solve nearly every thing.

Good Luck

FWJ

Larsac
February 15th, 2009, 03:17 PM
I can't see the other three solves, only the one called "my solve", and that's for sound, if I'm right.. I'd be thrilled if you knew a solution! I can't zero firefox either :(

Larsac
February 15th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Nevermind! Found a solution (http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-774592.html)! Everything works perfectly fine, but thanks for all help!