PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] need help

sandude
February 14th, 2009, 02:24 PM
i cannot change my resolution above 1024*768 ......it not detecting my display device still i hav activated my graphics driver
i hav activated the driver in the prefernces in the hardware driver.....
they hav old driver preferences...i hav got the new driver file but could install because it is telling to get out of x server........

specs:- amd x2 5200+, 2 gb ram, nvidia gf 9500gt

hyper_ch
February 14th, 2009, 02:27 PM
It is advised to use a descriptive topic title, that means a topic title that gives some clue about the content in the thread itself...

A generic topic title like "noob here" or "need help" does not help at all. As you may have noticed, just about everyone posting in here has some kind of a problem or issue or question ;)

And it is also adviced to use seperate threads for unrelated problems so that you can mark each one individually as solved.

Or in short terms: Help others to help you ;)

See the forums policy, especially section II.2: http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy

Also, when you are asked to post output from (config) files or from a command, use
brackets around (each) output. That makes it also easier to read.

73ckn797
February 14th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Go to System/Administration/ and see if you have "NVIDIA X Server Settings". If not, go to /System/Administration/ Synaptic Package Manager and look for "nvidia-settings" if it is not installed, install it and you will be able to monkey with more settings. I cannot remember whether it is installed when the drivers are installed.

sandude
February 14th, 2009, 02:44 PM
ok i will remember...