PDA

View Full Version : Monodevelop broken in Intrepid?

cdekter
February 14th, 2009, 09:15 AM
I just tried to install and run monodevelop on two separate PCs (one laptop, one desktop) running Intrepid, and on both the splash screen comes up and then the app just starts chewing up all available ram and spinning one of the CPUs (100% usage on one core). Anyone seen this before and know how to fix it? I've tried reinstalling. I've even built monodevelop 2 from the source and it has the same problem!

lavinog
February 17th, 2009, 09:24 PM
it comes up on my system, I just installed it on a intrepid 64 setup.
what happens when you load it from the commandline?

cdekter
February 18th, 2009, 12:39 AM
I'm on 64 bit too... When run from the command line I get the following message, then nothing:

WARNING: Cannot find Mozilla directory containing libgtkembedmoz.so.
Some Addins may not be able to function. Please set MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME to your Mozilla directory.

lavinog
February 18th, 2009, 01:06 AM
I get that message too, but the IDE still comes up.
maybe try monodevelop -~
for debug info

has it worked in the past? Could there be a reference to a project that doesn't exist?

cdekter
February 20th, 2009, 10:40 PM
It has indeed worked in the past... been a while since I tried it out though. I don't have any Monodevelop projects, and had the issue on two totally separate PCs.

hellfeuer
March 3rd, 2009, 10:49 AM
I'm having the same issue. Any fixes??
Heres what I get with monodevelop -~

WARNING: Cannot find Mozilla directory containing libgtkembedmoz.so. Some Addins may not be able to function. Please set MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME to your Mozilla directory.
ParsingMode = Both
BreakSingleDashManyLettersIntoManyOptions = False
EndOptionProcessingWithDoubleDash = True
DontSplitOnCommas = False

It was stuck here for a while, then I Ctrl-C'd.

cdekter
March 3rd, 2009, 12:50 PM
Might be time to post a bug report on this one, if it hasn't already been done.

rezonant
April 25th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Same problem here. I did find a bug report, which managed to stay in the New state all the way up to Jaunty's release!! Sigh.

There's Mono 2 packages at http://eric.extremeboredom.net/2008/10/15/296 that I tried, but unfortunately they too have the same issue.