PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] External Hard Drive Issues

mpl34
February 14th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I have frequently been using both kubuntu and vista on my laptop.

I was copying files over to my external harddrive using vista and everything was working fine. I then booted in linux to copy some files from my linux partition and again this seemed to work fine. I then booted back into vista to copy some remaining files however i started to get the following error.

Could not find this item

This is no longer located in C:\Users\Michael\Downloads\uTorrent Finished Downloads. Verify the item's location and try again.

Which would imply that the item has been moved from this location, however it is still there and working correctly otherwise. I can move it across to the dektop fine, play it, rename it, etc.

Even when i move it across to the desktop and then try and move or copy it from the desktop to my external harddrive I get the same error.

Could not find this item

This is no longer located in C:\Users\Michael\Desktop. Verify the item's location and try again.

I would really love some help on this issue.

mpl34
February 14th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Sorry I just realised my problem i had installed some security software to protect my drive, so that files could not be moved or deleted with permission. However this permission is obviously not required when the disk is opened through linux.

I will report this thread to the admin to be deleted as it is most likely not going to help anyone

bapoumba
February 14th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Well, it could help someone with the same error.
Unless you _really_ want it deleted (which I'll do), I favor keeping it around, cheers :)