PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] dual boot partitioning questions??

sledge73
February 14th, 2009, 04:43 AM
I have been using ubuntu for some time now & have installed it many times but I have never seen a setup like this & I would like some help in dual booting ubuntu with vista & this is the setup 103288 any Ideas??? This is one hard drive in a new emachines computer

TombKing
February 14th, 2009, 04:51 AM
The EISA partition is for system tools like memory tests, etc. You would get to that on bios boot prompt. I am used to seeing that on servers not desktops. Though come to think of it my laptop had one till I ended up just wiping the entire drive for a reinstall of vista from scratch.

I would wipe the data partition and use that space or you could just not hassle at all with repartitioning and drop in an extra drive if you have room in the case and funds for one.

sledge73
February 14th, 2009, 05:35 AM
if I wipe the data drive will vista boot again? this is what I'm wondering cause when I try to shrink it the system tells me permission denied. should I use gparted or the vista partition manager?? thanks in advance for all your help!!

sledge73
February 14th, 2009, 06:38 AM
this is solved I held my breath & wiped the data partition & installed ubuntu & everything works great thanks for your help!!!!