PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] canon lbp on ubuntu8.10

dpreed77
February 13th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Hi,
I love Ubuntu, I am so glad I switched! I am still learning my way around things...I need to install a canon LBP on Ubuntu 8.10. I need very basic instructions.
Her is what i have done. I went to the canon site and downloaded the right driver b/c the driver I needed was not already installed. Next, i extracted the file and saved it on my desk top. I went into the folder marked drivers. In that folder I opened the one named debian and there were 2 drivers in there. I installed them both using the gdebi package installer. Both install were completed fine. I re hooked to the printer and it still did not work. I tried restarting both the computer and the printer, still nothing. I can see the printer, but it wont print.Hopefully someone knows an easy fix...

:guitar:

NewJack
February 15th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Go here and find your printer: http://openprinting.org/printer_list.cgi?make=Canon

Just so you know, Canon doesn't give the greatest support to Linux. I had an S800 that I loved 2 years ago and just couldn't get it to work in Ubuntu Dapper. Just wanted to prepare you.

Good Luck!!!