PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Driver install (major issues)

Sojurner
February 13th, 2009, 04:17 AM
I tried to upgrade my nvidia drivers tonight and well i guess i shouldnt have done that. Because now i have lost the ability to have multi screens and my computer is telling me that i am no longer using nvidia drivers. I tried to upgrade to the 180 drivers off of the webiste and i was using the 177 drivers.

Now whenever i try to switch back i keep going into low graphics mode and i have to restore my previous settings which are not the settings i want. I would really like to not have to reinstall to get this fixed if at all possible

I used to have an NVIDIA control panel in System -> Administration. Now i have an Nvidia Icon in System -> Prefs but its telling me there as well that i am not using nvidia drivers.

So i go into System -> Admin -> Hardware drivers and select the 177 that i would like to use. I also use synaptic to uninstall the 180 drivers and re install the 177 drivers.

this is as far as ive gotten and if i do any more tonight imma really screw things up. I need some help to get this back working again

Thanks in Advance.

Mark Phelps
February 13th, 2009, 04:38 PM
If you're having problems installing Nvidia drivers, suggest you check out Envy -- it can do all this for you.

Link to Envy is below:

http://www.albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html